Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Mother's Struggle & Some Summer Fun

I wish I could say it comes easy for me to stay focused on the positives of Zack's injury. I'm learning. Usually at some point in my day, I get that sick feeling in my stomach, when I realize (yet again) that this actually did happen to Zack. When kind strangers talk to us I can feel myself want to say "He broke his neck when he was 15 he wasn't born this way!" I'm not sure why I feel like I need to explain that, but I do. I'm guessing it's all part of the "healing" process. I desperately want this to be temporary and I miss hearing the sound of my boy walk through the front door and down the hall to tell me, he's home. (Even though I usually already knew because Zack like Adron Do Not! know how to be quiet) haha

Something fun..One of Zack's best buds who moved to New Mexico is here visiting. As you can see in the photos they both enjoy playing video games, its great to see Zack having a good time, they make me laugh...we also went to Venice Beach it was fun hanging out, shopping and eating.

I'd like to hear from you so feel free to send me a e-mail from time to time...Life rolls on...Amber
















1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber,
    My name is Debbie Taylor, my husband John Taylor has talked to you on here before. I just wanted to remark on what you said about wanting to say he wasn't born this way. John and I have been maried for 26 years now but in the beginning it was all so foreign to me when people would stare. I even found myself sticking my tongue out at kids once in awhile to get them to stop (in my defense I was only 20 years old). Anyway I wanted you to know that I understand how you feel. Its been a long road but Christ has been there every step of the way. He's healed and strengthed me of old pains and sorrows along the way, some that had nothing to do with John's injury. Just know that your not alone and He hasn’t forgotten you.
    Debbie Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive